14 February 2018

Happy Valentine’s Day – Teddy’s Photoshoot

Hello friends! Teddy and I want to wish you a happy Valentine’s Day! This year we took some serious business and really prepared for it. We didn’t do just one shoot. No, we actually did two! What can I say, Teddy’s so adorable and if there’s anything to celebrate, it must be love. Although Teddy likes to add having fun is equally important.

Our best pics from the first shoot:

Teddy_Valentine_01

“I don’t know who you are, but you smell funny”

Teddy_Valentine_02

“Ooh what’s this…looks interesting!”

Teddy_Valentine_04

“Ooh fun!”

Teddy_Valentine_13

“Playtime!”

Teddy_Valentine_06

“Birdie?”

Teddy_Valentine_08

“What to do with this?”

Teddy_Valentine_14

“For you!”

Teddy_Valentine_17

“What’s next?”

Teddy_Valentine_15

“What do you mean, we’re done for today?”

Teddy_Valentine_16

“Aren’t there any treats involved?”

Teddy_Valentine_18

“Saving my best smile for last”

That first shoot didn’t go too bad. Teddy really enjoyed himself with the fake rose. Best part of his game was throwing it on the floor, so I had to pick it up and lay it back on the dresser again. He also loved it when I used it as a feather toy. What I’ve learned in these nearly 18 months Teddy is with me, is if I want to have a chance of any nice photos, aka making him cooperate, it needs to be fun for him. As soon as he feels I want him to do something, he’ll do exactly the opposite. After all, he is a cat and that’s what cats do. Dogs like to please their owners, but cats can be little rebels. The challenge for me is that I have to do it all by myself. No extra pair of hands to help me keep him in place so I can stay with my camera. I’m learning with every shoot.

On to the second shoot. After viewing the photos of the first shoot, I found that all the extra props were quite distracting. Especially that toy cat with his big eyes. So I decided to do another shoot and keep it real simple. Just Teddy with his bowtie, some paper hearts and of course the rose.

Teddy_Valentine_2_06

Teddy_Valentine_2_07

Teddy_Valentine_2_10

Teddy_Valentine_2_13

He was in a very playful (read: naughty) mood. At the same time there were some wild parakeets flying around the house and their happy chattering always draws his attention, hence the look in his eyes. He’s never been an outdoor cat, yet nature tells him he needs to catch every bird he sees or hears. The pigeons are always taunting him by sitting in the balcony, close to the window, where he can see them.

I’ve save the best photo for last. He’s really playing irresitable mister Valentine here.

Teddy_Valentine_2_01

I hope you find a way to have a nice Valentine’s Day. If you don’t have a mister or miss Valentine in your life, there are other ways to still make it a good day. Spoil yourself. Make heart art. It can be a masterpiece or just some doodled hearts. Listen to your favourite love songs. Watch a cheesy romantic movie. If nobody sends you chocolats, go buy them yourself. And if they ask if it’s a present, tell them yes, because they will decorate it for you. It’s none of their business that it’s a present for yourself. Sometimes I like to do that. Especially when they have really nice wrapping paper. Or when I’m a bit embarres to confess it’s something I buy for myself. That happens as well.

Thanks for visiting! Oh and please do leave a comment, so I know you were here. For more regular updates, come over to my Instagram account. I try to upload a picture there every day. Bye for now!

1 comment:

Clipping Expert Asia said...


This is absolutely piece of gold written. I will surely try this. Sincerest wishes for your wellbeing.
Check some of my articles here
Clipping Path Asia
how to remove clothing wrinkles in photoshop
background removal service
transparent background photoshop