16 February 2017

Teddy’s First Valentine’s Day

Hi all! Valentine’s Day, being single, has been a sad day for me for years. This year I decided to make it into a party and Teddy was going to be my partner in this party. He was going to get a very special Valentine’s photo shoot.

First lesson learned: don’t wait to buy Valentine props until Valentine’s Day, because everything is sold out! Of course I did manage to find some nice things eventually and ended up buying way more than I needed, I had to look hard and visit a lot more stores than I intended. Well, at least I had something to choose from.

I set up a scenery and then the difficult part began: getting Teddy interested in being a photo model. I’m still learning this together with him. We’re both novices at this. I rubbed a little catnip on the pillow which I wanted him to pose him to try and entice him. I know, I’m a bad cat mommy. At first he got pretty excited, but it looked more like he was trying to murder the pillow. He had fun, which was my priority. He lost attention quickly, so I tried to bring in the treats. He loves his treats, which is actually just his regular food, but somehow if I throw it at him one piece at a time, he seems to think it’s something special. This was good enough for a couple more photos. By the time he really wasn’t interested anymore, and went over to the couch to watch me with this triumphant look which only a cat can, it was getting too dark anyway. After a shoot with Teddy, it’s always exciting to wait untill the photos are uploaded to my computer, so I can see if there is at least one decent picture. I was happily surprised to find a couple of very cute photos.I set up a scenery and then the difficult part began: getting Teddy interested in being a photo model. I’m still learning this together with him. We’re both novice on this. I tried how he would respond if I rubbed a little bit of catnip on the pillow I wanted him to pose at. I know, I’m a bad cat mommy. At first he got pretty excited and it looked more like he was trying to murder the pillow. He had fun, which is my priority. He lost attention soon, so I tried to bring in some treats. He loves his treats, which is actually just his regular food, but somehow if I throw it before him piece by piece, he thinks it’s something special. That was good enough for some more photos. By the time he really wasn’t interested anymore, and went over to the couch to watch me with this triuphant look only a cat can, it was getting too dark anyway. After a shooting with Teddy, it’s always excited to wait untill the photos are uploaded to my computer, so I can see if there is at least one decend picture. I was happily surprised to find a couple of very cute photos.

Teddy_valentine_01-2This one is my absolute favourite. When I look at this photo, my heart is filled with love.

Teddy_valentine_02The pillow says “kiss me”, but I don’t think this looks like kissing. Pretty cute though.

Teddy_valentine_03Blame it on the catnip

Teddy_valentine_08No more kisses, I’m hiding!

Teddy_valentine_05Try me…

Teddy_valentine_04You can kiss my …

Teddy_valentine_06Crazy little thing called love

Teddy_valentine_07This last one is my second favourite. I will use this one in my art journal soon.

I hope you enjoyed your Valentine’s Day. You don’t have to be in love with someone to make this into a great day. There will be another post on Valentine’s Day soon, as I came up with another idea to share some love. So stay tuned. See you soon!

No comments: